Regulations RED BOOK THROUGH the EYES of CHILDREN
Regulations of the International Ecological Project of
Children’s Creative Works
“RED BOOK THROUGH the EYES of CHILDREN”
Within the International Ecological Action “TO SAVE AND TO PRESERVE”
2020 – 2021
1. General Provisions
1.1. The International Ecological Project of Children’s Creative Works “RED BOOK THROUGH the EYES of CHILDREN” the years of 2010 – 2021 (hereinafter “Project”) is to be implemented within the International Ecological Action “TO SAVE AND TO PRESERVE” under the aegis of the Commission of the Russian Federation for UNESCO and the Northern Forum International Organization.
1.2. This Regulation determines the status, goal, objectives, the implementation period, location, stages and the procedure of implementation, list of organizers, co-founders and partners of the Project, participants, nominations, creative works evaluation criteria, jury work procedure, sources and the procedure of financing.
1.3. This Regulation includes as its integral part the following appendixes:
Appendix No.1 – Application Form;
Appendix No.2 – Label Form.
2. Project Goal and Objectives
2.1. The Goal of the Project is to foster younger generation’s ecological culture and active life position towards the problem of flora and fauna diversity reduction in some regions and throughout the planet.
- To draw the international community’s attention to the existing problems of environment protection,
- To develop children’s international environmental cooperation based on exchange of experience in various creative and environmental activities,
- To popularize, by means of artistic creative work, caring attitude towards the natural resources of the planet, the country and one’s native town or village,
- To foster caring attitude to universal human values in children from around the world in accordance with the principle of cultural and natural diversity preservation,
- To encourage and develop students’ creative potential through the study of natural, cultural and historical heritage,
- To intensify the promotion of the conservation of certain species of flora and fauna as integral parts of sustainable development of natural complexes.
3. Organisation of the Project
3.1. Founder of the Project
The Service on Control and Supervision in the Sphere of Environmental Protection, Objects of Wildlife and Forest Relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (hereinafter – Prirodnadzor of Ugra).
- Department of Culture of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
- Department of Education and Youth Policy of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra;
- Department of public and external relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra.
3.3 Organizer of the Project (regional platform for the organisation and conduct of the Project):
The Museum and Education Centre “Otrazhenie” (“Reflection”), subdivision of the municipal budget institution “Center for Culture and Sports” urban settlement Talinka, Oktyabrsky region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, Russia (hereinafter “The Museum and Education Center “Otrazhenie”).
- Local government bodies of municipalities of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra,
- Institutions of education and culture of the Autonomous Okrug - Ugra.
3.5. Information Partners:
- “Ugra” TV Company (district TV and radio company);
- “Ugoria” TV Company (branch of the state television and radio broadcasting company);
- Novosti Ugri Newspaper (“News of Ugra”) LLC;
- “Ugra”, regional news magazine (social, political, economic, history and culture news);
- “In the Animal World” (a popular periodical about nature for children and grown-ups);
- “Arts at School” (social, pedagogical, scientific and methodological magazine);
- “Art School” (magazine for teaching artists and amateurs of arts);
- “Eskiz” (Sketch) art magazine for children;
- “Arts” magazine.
3.6 Commercial Partners:
- Oil companies carrying out their activities on the territory of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra,
- Private entrepreneurs.
4. Project implementation period
4.1 Implementation period of the Project 2020 – 2021.
4.2 The Project will be implemented in 3 phases:
First phase – correspondence competition of creative works until 31 December 2020;
Second phase – the work of the jury for review and evaluation of creative works until October 1, 2021;
Third phase – publication of an album with the best creative works (Project Laureates) until 21 December 2021.
5. Project Participants
5.1 Students of general education institutions, institutions of primary and secondary vocational education, supplementary education institutions (art schools, studios, and clubs) aged 6 - 17 from Russia and other countries are invited to take part in the Project.
5.2 Adults (teachers, managers) participate in the Project as advisors, experts, jury members.
6. Project Nominations
• Graphic art,
• Decorative and Applied arts,
7. Criteria for the evaluation of creative works submitted for the Contest
- Relevance to the subject matter of the Project;
- Environmental awareness;
- Value orientation;
- Compositional solution;
- Esthetic qualities;
- Emotional qualities;
- Text accuracy;
- Imagery (figurativeness);
- Orderliness and neatness.
Works made of plasticine, seeds, dough or natural fur are not welcomed.
Requirements to contest works format
- Creative work in nominations Painting and Graphic art can be made in any technique on A3 size sheets, without any passe-partout;
- Creative works in Decorative and Applied arts technic should have a passe-partout or frame;
- Works in the category Photography are issued on sheets of A3 or A4 format;
- Works in categories Essay and Poetry are executed on sheets of format A4 (Times New Roman font, size 14, no more than 1 page).
Each creative work is to be accompanied by a label which is filled in block letters (please see Appendix No.2 to these Regulations). You need to place the label on the backside of a work. Work must have a title.
8. Project implementation procedure
8.1. The first stage – acceptance of applications and creative works until December 31, 2020.
The application for participation in the competition for a group of participants is issued by one general list for all participants and is enclosed in a file (A4 format). Please fill in a special form (see Appendix No.1 to these Regulations). If it is possible, use Russian and English in addition to your own language.
While implementing the Project, children should refer to Red Books of various regions and countries and create their works by personal impressions from meetings with endangered species of animals and plants in protected areas, when watching movies, visiting zoos.
Creative work directed to the competition should be accompanied by information on the Red Book form on paper (in the file).
Works in categories Painting, Graphic art, Sculpture, Photography and Decorative and Applied arts should be directed to the following address:
Town Talinka, Oktyabrsky region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, Russian Federation, 628195
To: The Museum and Education Center “Otrazhenie”
Contest RED BOOK.
The paper option of the work in category Photography should be sent to the aforementioned address, and the electronic version of the work should be sent to the following E-mail: email@example.com and accompanied by a note Contest RED BOOK, a Label and an Application form.
Works in categories Essay and Poetry are sent to E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The work should be accompanied by a note Contest RED BOOK, a Label and an Application form.
8.2. 2nd phase – review and evaluation of the contest works by the jury until October 1, 2021.
Jury of the Contest
An independent jury will be established for the evaluation of creative works submitted for the Project, including founders and co-founders of the Project, representatives in the fields of education, ecology, environmental protection, culture and art.
The jury shall not include employees of organizations representing authors of creative works submitted for the Contest.
The jury will:
– provide expert evaluation of creative works submitted for the Contest in accordance with the above criteria,
– determine the best Laureates in two areas (Art and Literature) according to seven nominations (paragraph 6 of the present Regulations).
The jury will record and post its decision on websites of the aforementioned founders and co-founders of the Project, published in print media of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the Russian Federation, and on the website of the municipal budget institution “Center for Culture and Sports” urban settlement Talinka http://ckstalinka.ru/muzej/
8.3. The third stage – publication of an Album/ Book with the best creative works of the Project Laureates until December 21, 2021.
The publication of the Album (the Book) will be done both in hard copies (A4) and in electronic form (CD).
Albums and CDs will be distributed among founders, sponsors, libraries, educational institutions, museums, in establishments of specially protected natural areas and other organizations and institutions of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the Russian Federation.
Each participant of the Contest will be able to get an electronic variant of the Book.
8.4. Organization of mobile exhibitions in cities and towns of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the Russian Federation, in the countries of near and far abroad will be carried out in 2020-2021.
The Project organizers will agree on the route, timeline of demonstration, locations of the exhibitions in the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the Russian Federation, in the countries of near and far abroad additionally.
8.5. On the official website of the Founder of the Project – the Service on Control and Supervision in the Sphere of Environmental Protection, Objects of Wildlife and Forest Relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (in other words – Prirodnadzor of Ugra) www.prirodnadzor.admhmao.ru – one can find Regulations of the above project, the Results of the Project and the electronic variant of the Book/Album. See https://prirodnadzor.admhmao.ru/formirovanie-ekologicheskoy-kultury/.
Competition winners will receive Project Laureate Diplomas. Project participants receive project participant Certificates. Teachers will receive Letters of Appreciation.
10. Project organization and implementation funding
10.1. The Department for Environmental Protection and Ecological Security of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra within the State Program “Ensuring of Ecological Security” provides:
Funding for organizational activities (postal costs, printing costs) and expenses for the organization of the jury’s work, for the design, production and copying of the award forms (winner certificates, participant certificates, thank-you letters).
10.2. Organization and implementation of mobile exhibitions in towns of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the Russian Federation are to be covered by the means of Commercial partners and Information partners.
10.3. Publication of the Book with the collection of the Contest best creative works will be covered by the Department for Environmental Protection and Ecological Security of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra and the funds contributed by Commercial and Media partners. It is realized within the Program “Ensuring of Ecological Security”.
10.4. Founders and co-founders of the Project (subject to agreement) will provide souvenirs and office supplies, literary publications to award the winners of the Contest.
10.5. Information about founders, co-founders, commercial and media partners of the Project will be posted in all advertisements, information and resulting publications of this Project, and in TV and outdoor advertisements.
11.1. Organizers of the Contest reserve the right to use the Contest creative works to display the Project, issue albums, make videos and publications about the Project based on the permission to use personal data.
11.2. The copyright is observed in accordance with the Civil Code of the Russian Federation “On Copyright”.
11.3. Creative works submitted for the Contest are not to be returned, and will be added to the exhibition collection of the Museum and Education Centre “Otrazhenie” (“Reflection”) – organization manager of the Contest.
11.4. Creative works of the Contest winners can be transferred to the interested organizations upon their written request to be used as outdoor social advertisements on banners and billboards in countries and regions that submitted creative works for the Contest.
12.1. Founder of the Project:
The Service on Control and Supervision in the Sphere of Environmental Protection, Wildlife and Forest Relations of the Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra (Prirodnadzor of Ugra):
Svetlaya Str., 69, Khanty-Mansiysk, (Tyumen oblast), Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, Russian Federation, 628012.
Tel/fax +7(3467) 315-547, +7(3467) 315-491,
Contact person: Yulia Gubina – chief specialist, Department of Environmental Culture,
Tel. +7 (3467) 38-87-47, +7 (3467) 38-87-62
12.2. Organizer of the Project:
The Museum and Education Centre “Otrazhenie” (“Reflection”)
Town Talinka, Oktyabrsky region, Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug – Ugra, Russian Federation, 628195
Tel/fax: +7 (34672) 2-63-50 (*501#),
Project manager: Olga Stytsyuk – Director of the Museum and Education Centre “Otrazhenie” (“Reflection”).
Appendix No. 1
To the Regulation on the Project
Application form for the Project participation
The name of representing organization (educational institution, a creative association; the full name of the head of the organization).
The full postal address of the representing organization (the country, region, municipality by all means), contact phone number with area code, е-mail.
Appendix of the application:
Full name of creative work, technique, author’s full name, author’s birth date (number of full years), teacher’s name.
The applications must be in the form of a list of participants and it should be attached to the creative works. All applications must be in one document.
Appendix No. 2
To the Regulation on the Project
Label form (fill in block letters)
Content of label
Information in English
Information in Russian
Full name of creative work:
Author’s full name:
Author’s birth date (number of full years):
Name of representing organization (educational institution, creative association):
Representing organization Director’s full name:
Postal address of the representing organization (country, region, municipality), contact phone number with area code, е-mail.
Glue the Label to the backside of each creative work submitted for the Contest.
Please do not use paper clips, stapler, or scotch tape.